Subject: Alpha upgrade is free
From: [email-masked]
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 1996 04:32:20 -0700

On Wed, 17 Apr 1996 David Warner <[email-masked]> says:

> > Perhaps this will ease your feelings: 5.0 will be a free
> > upgrade to Alpha LW users.
>
> Are you absolutely, positively sure about this??
> That would be too cool!

I am absolutely positive that Brad Peebler (LightWave product manager) told
me this about ten days ago. Unless this has changed since then, it is still
true. (and it damn well OUGHT to be true, after what we put you guys through
<--speaking for myself here)

I did previously post that the "official" upgrade price is $495, but that was
just for completeness. That (probably) will be the upgrade price for anyone
who buys (and regesters) LW 4.0 Alpha from now on. I don't know why anyone
would do that rather than waiting a few weeks to get 5.0, but they may have
the bucks and not want to wait. Again, I am not sure how long the "free"
upgrade policy will last.

> On behalf of everyone here, I REALLY want to thank you for
> taking the time to answer mine and everyone else's questions.
> Your time spent online is GREATLY appreciated!!

You are all very welcome. I like doing this, I just wish I had more time for
it; so far I've been keeping up, but come this summer, I may have to cut back
my list posting.

David Hibsher
Technical Writer, NewTek